Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Ready?!?

"Things" must be going well. Our nurse is planning to release us to be on our own...after Friday...maybe even Friday...not exactly sure...and, not sure how "ready" I feel! I guess time will tell! Today went well...I guess. This afternoon I made my third batch of dialysate...finally I managed to get it made without having to call for help in getting me out of a mistake that I had made...closing a door when I shouldn't have. I started to set up at 7:10 this morning and completed what I was supposed to do just before the nurse arrived at 8:30am and I finished with my last dialysis duty at 2:10pm. I told Woody that we were trading places...I would have the long part of the dialysis and he would have the shorter time! I've had more duties added on to what I'm supposed to do before the nurse arrives in the morning and she is coming at 7am...I haven't decided when I need to get up and get going!!! We had our supply delivery this afternoon, too..."only" 28 boxes...and, that really is a lot less than we had delivered on our first supply order for peritoneal dialysis...only on two walls for hemodialysis. The reason the nurse is coming early in the morning is to help accomodate us as Woody has an appointment to get his PD catheter removed tomorrow afternoon. So that is the reason for the extra early beginning of our day tomorrow. She had wanted me to get it most of the way set up including getting him connected just before she gets here in the morning, but then we remembered that he has to have a lab drawn tomorrow and I'm still not really sure about doing that so I will stop setting him up at the point when it is time to draw his blood. All I can say it is still very overwhelming! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment