Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Woody Did It!

At the end of Woody's treatment...literally less than five minutes from being finished. Woody jostled his dialysis lines and caused a red warning. I was not happy with him...especially since something like this happened yesterday at the end of the treatment. Between me and a phone call with our nurse, we got it stopped and I was able to do the rinse back (the machine uses saline to clean the lines of blood, putting what isnleft in the lines back into him...reason it is called a rinse back...this way he doesn't lose blood in the dialysis process. And, as I say after each of these crises, I guess we didn't mess up too much...he is still alive! Hopefully I can convince him not to touch those two lines while the treatment is going. Maybe he will remember. I guess truthfully we are lucky. The nurse told us that some people's lines when accessed the way Woody's are currently can cause alarms just when the patient turns his head. Woody's access doesn't seem to be super sensitive since it hasn't caused too many alarms...but just the ones that it has are too many! I did our grocery shoppung this afternoon. I wanted to take advantage of Tennessee's tax free food days that we have had for the month of August. Tomorrow's the last day of August, I needed to go today since we are supposed to get a supply delivery, though we haven't heard anything about a time for the delivery. I would like to be here when the delivery gets here so the delivery person can bring them in the house...if not, I will be lugging them in from the front porch. I just hope they do come tomorrow. Another case of "time will tell!" Woody is still bothered by pain in his arm, but I think it is a bit less. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment