Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Third Day?

Woody hasn't had the best of days. I'm trying to decide if this is considered the third day...which is often said to be the worst day after surgery...not sure when you start counting...does the day of surgery count as day 1 or not! Anyway, he has done a lot of dozing today. And he even decided to take a couple of Tylenol a little while ago...the first pain medicine that he has taken after this surgery. His dialysis went well today. I gave him his anemia subcutaneous injection after his treatment. He said that all he felt was a little prick...so guess my third attempt passed! We also removed the dressings from the two surgical sites today. I got my hair cut this afternoon. When I got home I got another dialysate batch going...that job comes around all too often! This one will get tomorrow's treatment and then Saturday's. We have the day off on Friday...so Woody can go to two appointments! He will get the stitches out from his PD catheter removal surgery on Friday and also have his TN Oncology appointment...labs, doctor, and Keytruda. I did call Dr. Gowda's office today to get an appointment for two weeks after his surgery on Monday. Two weeks from that is Labor Day...his appointment will be later in the week. I think that tomorrow is "just a dialysis day" for us. It's a big day for our oldest grandchild. She'll be 29! How can that be?!? Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment