Saturday, August 6, 2022

Saturday

It has been a busy day off. I did sleep in a little later. I got Woody's breakfast and then worked on a grocery list. I headed off to the grocery store a little after 9am. I attempted to add in a stop at the Credit Union, but it was closed inside and I do not like the way they changed their drive-up windows. They were closed inside due to renovating. I was still in the produce department when Nathan called. He was calling to see if he could get our car to take it for an oil change. We arranged that I would call when I got through shopping. He said that he would meet me at the house and carry our groceries in for me. That worked out and he was parked in front when I got home. He took the car for an oil change and then when he got back, he did a couple of "sonny-do jobs." He rehung the clock in the kitchen. I had to take the clock down to change the battery and the nail came out of the wall. So he pounded the nail in better and rehung the clock for me. I was glad he was there as it is hard to get the hanger on the back of the clock over the nail in the wall. He also repositioned the new antenna so Woody's TV programs come in a bit better. Woody is glad that Nathan took care of that as he wouldn't have been able to watch the Cardinal game jon TV tonight. He is watching now so the fix must have stayed at least for the time being! Thanks, Nathan! I got all the food put away and then it was about time for lunch. The mail brought a package that had some things that ordered for our Dorrell Dialysis Clinic. We needed some clocks with second hands as we have to time several things...so got one large one that is now on the mantel. And there is a smaller one in the bathroom so I can time washing my hands (just a bit of a pn eye roll!)I had to time my hand washing when doing PD so guess I should be used to it! I have used Alexa for a hands-free timer, but sometimes she isn't cooperative and we end up wasting time! I also have a new floor lamp...I haven't put that together yet. But the clocks are running as I managed to out the batteries in. I rested for a while this afternoon, talked on the phone with Connie, and then came downstairs to make soup...a kind that sounded good to Woody. I think it is a bit hot for soup right now...but we both had some for supper and I must admit that it tasted pretty good! Woody enjoyed his, too. I think that this is the first time in months that he has had three meals in a day...lately he has been having two and then sort of a snack in the evening. But today he had eggs for breakfast, a meatloaf sandwich for lunch, and then soup for supper. He is definitely feeling better now that he us on hemodialysis! I'm in the same position at this hour tonight as I was last night...facing a mess in the kitchen! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment