Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Nesting!

For the last hour or so I have been nesting...getting my new chair settled in so I can settle into it! After Woody's dialysis was finished and we had lunch and I got the next dialysate batch going, I headed off to the furniture store. I sat in a dozen or more chairs and this was one of the last ones that I sat in and it was what I was looking for...I wanted it to be cushy. I wanted the arms to be wide so I can use them like end tables for my iPad and phone, etc. And, after getting Woody a power chair, I decided that I wanted a power one and, if possible, one that had ability to adjust the headrest. And, voila! This one met my wants! I quickly called Nathan and Kathy to arrange for pickup amd delivery! And, Kathy said that they could do it! I came home and moved things out of the path so they had a straight shot to take out the old and bring in the new. Elijah was their very capable muscled helper! I am finding it very comfortable as I sit here typing the blog. I will say that I was once again deceived as to the color of the recliner...in the store it was very beige...just like Woody's looked in the same store. WHen I get them in our house, they turned greige or stone or whatever the neutrals of "the day" are! It's fine. I think it is the same color as Woody's...same manufacturer so probably...just looked up the model # and the color is driftwood...guess my greige description fits...Anyway, I am grateful that I found a chair to my liking and that Nathan and crew were able to pick it up and bring it here! I am looking forward to a good night's sleep for a change. Today's dialysis went well. I had to give him his iron...not the easiest of tasks! It is given through the saline line during dialysis. Let's just say I managed...not without a lot of mess and a bit of hair pulling out! But hopefully he got the dose he was supposed to get! Today I had to make another dialysate batch...it was doing well till just a minute ago and I got an alarm...I "think" I fixed it! So far silence. Will go check on it as soon as I post this. All I can say about home hemodialysis so far is that at this point we are still both alive!!! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment