Monday, August 8, 2022

Lab Draws & Fed Ex

Today's new learning experience for dialysis training = pre and post treatmrnt labs, using the centrifuge, packing labs for shipping, and arranging for FedEx to do an express pick up. Every day seems to be a new experience! This morning when the nurse got here, I was ready to draw labs. The lab draws aren't all that bad since I use his dialysis lines. Tomorrow I will give him his iron and give him his anemia shot. Now the anemia one is given as a shot...it wasn't too bad the first time I gave it so hopefully it won't be any worse this time! Wednesday is the last day our nurse will be here. In some ways I look forward to that as then the dialysis can be more on our timing...but I also dread her not being here as a guide! She is coming early again tomorrow as we need to leave by noon for an applintment with the vascular surgeon in Murfreesboro. We were off in plenty of time today so hopefully we can do the same tomorrow. Tomorrow I can continue setting him up until dialysis is running even if she isn't here yet. I had to stop at the point where pre treatment labs had to be done this morning so the nurse could coach me through. interesting to have a centrifuge...when i visited a lab in a hospital I was intrigued with labs and the centrifuge. Well, now I am the proud owner of a centrifuge...be careful with what intrigues you!! Not exactly what I want on display in our family room! Today's treatment went very well. I got the labs ready to be picked up by FedEx. I called the FedEx number provided for express pick up. The automated call went well and I was told it would be picked up between 1 and 5pm and that pick up happened a little after 4pm. It is packed with an ice pack so I can leave it on the porch to be picked up and not have to watch for the truck. It will be interesting to see if my labs pass the muster and give proper reads! Once again...time will tell! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment