Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Abigail's First Big Girl Purchase!

Today, look who stopped by...a pretty happy first-time-car owner! She's been saving her "pennies" and has been on the lookout for a car for a while. And, she ended up with our car's twin...well, I guess not a twin since it is three years younger than ours! It's a 2017 Ford Fusion. She was very excited to let us know that she had made her purchase. We're proud of her level head. She waited until she had enough to pay for it outright...so no car payments for this first-time car owner! Smart girl! Abigail, enjoy the ride and be safe! Both Woody and I have stayed home today and no medical folk stopped by...amazing what can get done without time taken out for someone coming into our house to check in on Woody's health. I turned to and worked really hard to get the living room and dining room totally back to "normal" including vacuuming both rooms and finished dusting in the dining room...even polished the dining room chairs, took off and washed the tablecloth, which meant that the table is actually cleared off (for the moment), and made the table smaller. It's gppd to have everything back in order after having Christmas stay around for so many months...about four months from middle of November to middle of March. Even though the temperatures have dropped again, it still feels like Spring is just around the corner...and, it really is...first day of Spring is next week! I'm ready for it! I wanted to get the vacuuming done downstairs so I can begin upstairs...really ready to vacuum the hall after it having Christmas storage boxes in it for all those months. But I wanted to NOT have to take the vacuum up and down so waited till I had finished downstairs. I vacuumed the family room while Woody was at dialysis yesterday. So I have brought it up and it is all ready to go to work upstairs...but I'm not...I'm through clening for the day. After I got it upstairs (thinking the whole time as I brought it up...about the fact that I bought this vacuum because of its small size and the fact that it was fairly lightweight...thinking as I went up the stairs that it no longer feels light weight!), after that effort, I was ready to sink into my recliner and stitch for a while. I did put in a few stitches before my eyes closed and I took a nap! Woody has entertained himself with his computer this afternoon. That is, once we got it connected to the internet, again. I got it connected earlier in the day, but for some reason it disconnected and then I couldn't get what I did before to work. So I called Nathan and told him Woody's latest woe with his computer. Nathan started laughing. He told me to come and open the door because he was out front! That had us puzzled for a minute or two! He and Kathy were out in the front yard waiting for Abigail to drive her new wheels here to show us. They had been with her for the final transaction...after all...she needed someone to drive the old car home! Nathan got Woody back online and Woody has been doing various things on the computer since. Guess he figures he'd better use it while it is cooperating! Woody also started doing our taxes today. He'd been waiting till we could print out the tax form he needed and our printer was out of black ink, Ink arrieved yesterday so he didn't waste any time once I got the cartridge put in. So we have had a nice fairly productive day without many medical thoughts...nice once in a while! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment