Friday, March 3, 2023

When a Tree Falls on W. Lincoln…

When a tree falls on W. Lincoln, power reciners no longer recline in our house! I'm just glad that Woody wasn't reclined in his...not sure that he could have gotten up if he needed to! Power went off around 2pm and, at this point 4:22pm, it hasn't come back on. Today's photo show the huge root ball for the tree that fell...landed across blocking Lincoln and also brought down power lines. The power folk were johnny-on-the-spot about getting here. They have been hard at work all that time. We have really had blustery winds today...still whistling around the house. Neither of us slept the best last night so we slept in a bit later this morning. Home health nurse called,just as i was waking up, to see if she could come in 45 minutes. So we hustled around and had breakfast and were ready for her when she arrived. Just a few minutes ago PT called to say she was running late and didnt know what time she could get here tonight. I told her we had no power so that gave her reason to put off coming till Monday! So maybe we're clear from home health over the weekend. But he will go to dialysis tomorrow. I managed to get some cooking accomplished before power went out. I made Woody some meatballs that he had been wanting. He had also been wanting me to make a different coleslaw recipe. I made Creamy Apple Cabbage Slaw...we'll see! It is in the fridge getting cold and blending flavors. One of our friends stopped by this afternoon with a salad and blueberries...yum...so we're set for several meals! I don't think I mentioned that I cooked a rack of ribs the other day...another food that Woody requested. So we're enjoying those, too. Woody's definitely venturing into eating a bigger variety of food than he had been. I'm enjoying cooking more since he is more interested in eating what I make. Well, I'm going to keep this short so I won't run down the power too much in my iPad. When I knew we were to have high winds and possible storms that could cause power outage, I got my phone and iPad all charged up...so far we still have internet...so will post while I can! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment