Thursday, March 16, 2023

Another Dialysis Day

I don't know if it is the time change or dialysis schedule, but our meal schedule has changed quite a bit...supper is later these days. Today we got an early call that they could take Woody at 10:30am and we accepted the earlier time. That meant that his time overlapped lunch time. So he ate a late lunch when he got home. Sometimes that becomes lupper and he only eats two meals that day, but today he decided to have a late supper. He just finished. And, I've come upstairs to blog. While he was at dialysis, I cooked a rack of St. Louis Spare Ribs...cook them with a dry rub...Memphis style. I have concocted a rub that is very low in salt content. I roast the ribs in a shallow pan in a slow convection oven for several hours. They come out pretty tasty! Ribs are Woody's latest most often meal request. Luckily ribs have been on sale the last few times that I have shopped. After I got the ribs roasting, I filled out the paperwork for Woody's appointment with our personal care physician. He's getting restablished with her. His appointment is mid day tomorrow in McMinnville...45 min. to an hour away. But before we can head her way, he has an appointment here at the house with his home health nurse. We definitely won't escape the medical visits tomorrow! The last little bit before I picked up Woody from dialysis I did manage to do a little cross stitching. Last night I finished a tiny sampler. After I finished the samper last night, I went back to work on something that I am stitching for a Christmas gift. Today I have managed to sit down twice to stitch and those times I worked on another small sampler. I'm not sure which of these two projects I'll stitch when I settle in upstairs in a little while...after I change the dressing on Woody's leg...or maybe I won't stitch...maybe I'll read...or...fall asleep! Woody's been watching March Madness and working crossword puzzles this evening. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment