Friday, March 24, 2023

Things Have Been Hoppin' Here!

Maybe I should say that things have been buzzing...we are inundated with flies once again...I guess from our unwanted squirrel visitor in our chimney...Nathan worked really hard to get the fireplace box and flue cleaned out, but some eggs must have remained...insert eye roll! There's no telling how many I have killed today...and, at the moment I have one buzzing around my head because this room has the only light on upstairs. I will be bringing the fly swatter upstairs shortly! So got the unpleasant part of the day out of the way at the start...rest of the day has gone fairly well...between swats! We had the nurse practitioner come to the house from Evergreen. She ws very nice and very thorough in checking Woody out. We passed on having a nutritionist check in with us. If we have questions about nutrition, we will check with the nutritionist that he has at Fresenius. I guess her visit took around an hour. Before she got here, I had started making the sweet red pepper sauce that Woody uses in place of catsup. I finished that after she left and he had a meat loaf sandwich for lunch using the red pepper sauce. After I had lunch, I got busy on the latest rack of ribs...wonder how long this food interest will last for Woody! I will say that the type ribs that I get for him have been on sale so that is good...with the price of meat these days! He had a couple of ribs and some creamy apple slaw for supper. He's watching March Madness. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I worked some more on the Sunday School lesson. Tomorrow Melany and Wade are coming to do some yard work for us. Wade and I had talked about Swedish Meatballs one time...I told him that I would make this recipe that I recently found on the internet when Woody asked for Swedish Meatballs...but found out that what I made were not what he thought Swedish Meatballs were! Anyway, I told Wade I would make this recipe so he could see how it resembled, or not, the way he makes them. Mine have a light gravy and he said that his have a brown gravy...so in the morning I am going to put that recipe together. I'm also going to make a baked pineapple dish that we all like, and Melany is bringing a layered salad. Today, I also put the ingredients together for Woody's breakfast sausage. So it's been a cooking day for me and tomorrow will be, too! I have gotten the kitchen all cleaned up so it will be ready to make a mess in tomorrow moning! In a little while I will go back down to give Woody his nightly meds and then I'm heading back upstairs (with a fly swatter!) to either read or stitch...probably fall asleep since there hasn't been any napping time today and since I lost several hours of sleep last night. To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment