Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Hunt is On!

Our power did come back on last night between 7 and 8. It was out for a little over five ho We were both glad when they came back on! The power company were still working this morning and still at it at noon when I took Woody to dialysis. I ran a couple of errands after I dropped Woody off and then came home. I realized yesterday that I hadn't undecorated the shadow box in the family room. So that was first on my list to do when I got home. So now...maybe...I only have the tree to do now...maybe! I have started the tree...so the hunt is on for ornaments. The funny one that I can't find to put in its box is the pickle ornament. I know last Saturday that Isaac found where I had put it this year and then decided that he would hide it. Well, ovviously he hid it well! I am presently looking for ornaments that have their own individual box to be put in. Once those are all boxed up then I will put the boxless ones in and around those boxes wrapped in tissue paper. I will say that only the tip of the iceburg is off the tree...LOTS to go! It is a job that I can only do for so long and then I have to stop and do something else or rest a while...it can get to my back pretty quickly! And, I have already made LOTS of trips around the tree looking for specific ornaments! Woody seems to be feeling pretty well! He continues to do a lot of resting on the couch, but he is moving around a lot more...he is using his walker to move around in the family room and into the bathroom. His appetite has improved a lot and is eating a bigger variety of food. So far the home health folk who have been here since he came home from the hospital have been impressed on how much he has improved since prior to his hospitalization. He's still not going to run any races but he is improving which really hadn't happened since early December. I believe that this GI bleed had been present for a while...just not so obvious as it became two weeks ago! Guess it is time to go give Woody his nightly meds and get him tucked in for the night! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautiousM

No comments:

Post a Comment