Tuesday, March 14, 2023

My Kitchen Helper Stopped By Today!

We had to get up and get going this morning because dialysis clinic asked him to come in at 10:30am instead of 12:30pm, his usual time. We were going right along with getting breakfast and getting things he takes with him packed up, whenall of a sudden Woody "lost" his breakfast. He so rarely gets sick lately that it really surprised me..and probably surprised Woody, too! We still had plenty of time to recover from that and get his shirt changed before it wss time to head dialysis way. I put together a grocery list so I could grocery shop at the start of the four hours that Woody is at the dialysis center. Going at the start assures me that I can have them put away before I need to pick him up. Before we left, we got a call from his home health nurse to plan a visit fir today. We set up that she woukd come at 3:45pm. I dropped Woody off and headed off to do my shopping. When I got home, I brought in the groceries and popped a pizza into the oven and got started putting groceries away. Before I got too far, Nathan rang the doorbell (The new wireless doorbell that he installed a few weeks ago...one of our Christmas presents from them...this doorbell rings in the family room. Our old doirbell still rings on the stairs, but had stopped ringing in family room. Thus we couldnt hear it when in family room with TV going...so now the secret of our doorbells...ring both...or ring ine and if we don't come, ring the other!). Nathan brought Woody's computer back..again. Abigail's boyfriend had worked on it...again! This computer has been nothing but a headache for Woody and for all who constantly have to work on it! Nathan helped me put the rest of the groceries away and then helped me eat pizza for lunch! Good timing for me and he seemed to enjoy the pizza! Woody had his nurse appointment not long after he got home. Then he decided what he wanted to eat. Now we are all settled in for the night...all blinds and curtains are closed hoping to hold the heat in, as it is going to be another cold night...predicted to go down into the 20s again! Another brrrrrrry night. Two good things about tomorrow...I don't think we have to go anywhere and I don't think any medical folk are coming here! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment