Wednesday, August 2, 2023

A Day of Waiting

It has been a bit of a long day...lots of waiting. Our first wait was for the time to get here so we could head off to his Keytruda appointment. We have gotten used to early morning appointments...mid morning appointments take forever for it to be time! He had the wait of 1-3/4 hours for the appointment to be over at Oncology. I came home during that time. My main cooking today was to make homemade applesauce. I'm anxious to see if it even comes close to my mother's. Woody usually says that mine is "okay," but doesn't taste as good as when my mother made it. He's not feeling the greatest today so hasn't tried it yet. I have tasted it and I pronounce it pretty good...but I'm not the applesauce connoisseur that Woody seems to be! I texted Woody's home health nurse when I got him home from Oncology. She didn't really set up a time. I told her to come when she was close to our neighborhood. She didn't come till 5:30pm. I decided since we seem to have toilet repairs taken care of, that I would set up a time for our refrigerator to be looked at. It has a strange vibration noise at times...sounds like an airplane taking off. I decided to have it checked before it turns into a major problem. I set up an appointment online...supposed to come today between 8am and 5pm...then shortly after that it became 5:15...and kept changing until it said 7:30pm...them suddenly it changed...and it had been rescheduled till two weeks from today! And, nary a person to talk to! We have lived with the sound for a while...hope that it can wait another two weeks! If I can figure out how to cancel it, I may and try someone else! I did get some library work done while I waited for nurse and repairman...so waiting time wasn't wasted. Woody has decided to try sleeping on the couch...first time in over a month...hope he can get up from it! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment