Thursday, August 24, 2023

Another Thursday!

Thursday rolled around again and is about to turn into Friday! We went through our usual routine for a dialysis day. Up thirty minutes before Woody eats so he can take his thyroid med. I make his breakfast (lately an omelet). I bring down his crossword puzzles when I come downstairs and he gets dressed and starts working them while he waits for breakfast. He eats breakfast and then finishes getting ready. I pack a tote bag with his crossword puzzles, a ziplock bag containing pencils, a little pencil sharpener, and a magnifying glass, a book, and most importantly a fleece throw. I take that bag out to the car and open the trunk and then come back in to get him into his wheelchair...and...we're off! When we get to the center, I take him into the waiting room and then knock on the door to the treatment room, wish Woody a good morning, and I'm off. This morning, I watered after I got home...while it was still slightly cool. It was another really HOT day and we are supposed to have several more before this hot spell breaks. After I watered, I came inside and got ready to go out for breakfast with Carolyn and Jo. We met downtown at a little mom and pop restaurant and enjoyed a good breakfast and caught up with each other. The time passed fairly quickly and the next thing I knew, it was time to head to pick up Woody. His treatment went well as far as I could determine. We came home and spent as much of the rest of the day as possible inside with air conditioning! He continued to work on the puzzles in his daily calendar. I worked some more on the Sunday School lesson. I guess it was a visiting with friends day as, I visited with Connie on the phone for a while this afternoon. Sounds like home health is about to be over (again!), as a message was left on our answering machine that next week they would be discharging him. I have a feeling that the may discharge him from wound care tomorrow also...we'll see if my feeling is right! So we may have less comings and goings around here! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment