Monday, August 21, 2023

Batters Up!

Time for some baseball news from the Dorrells! When Nathan, Kathy, and Joseph were here on Saturday, we learned that Tullahoma Fall Ball has gotten underway with practices for Isaac and Joseph. Then today we got a text from Elijah with news that we had been waiting to hear. He made the Franklin County High School baseball team for 2023-24. Congrats, Elijah! We're excited for him to continue on with his love for the game of baseball! I'm running late tonight blogging because we went to prayer meeting tonight. After we got home, I needed to change the dressing on Woody's leg and then get him settled for the evening/night. That done...I decided that I wanted a little supper before I blogged. Up to this evening, our day has been fairly quiet...stayed home and attempted to stay cool...up in the 90s today. I did do a little weeding beore it got too hot this morning...I didn't stay out too long, but got rid of a certain type of weed that I often avoid due to it having stickers...I "think" that I got most of them for the time being...I have worked some on this coming Sunday's Sunday School lesson and listened some more to the book for my next Cottey Zoom book club...I have listened to the whole book since I got it on Saturday...but I will admit to dozing through part of it so have tried to go back and pick up what I missed. I think that I have the gist of it...so think I can "pass" for having read it! Well, I think that Woody is settled in for the night. I will go downstairs in a few minutes and put my plate in the dishwasher and start it up and then check on a load of wash that I started after we got home...I would guess (I still haven't figured out how long wash cycles go on this washer.) it will be done and I can transfer the clothes to the dryer. Tomorrow is another early day...those come around all too often...just ask Woody! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment