Thursday, August 17, 2023

Invasion

We've been invaded by mushrooms/toadstools! Do you think that it has rained around here over the last days?!? They are all over the yard...all different kinds. Yesterday, I picked an entire basket and through them into the yard bucket/wheelbarrow along with all the aticks that I have had to pick up due to all the storms. There are ao many now that I didn't feel like picking them up...so they can stay and "decorate" the yard...maybe the elves and fairies are building cities in our yard?!? Woody had dialysis per usual for a Thursday. Sounded like everything went well. I started putting things back on the little shelf in the laundry room...but still have more to do. I enjoyed the front porch for a while this morning as it was a beautiful day once again...lower temps and loser humidity. I filled birdfeeders while I was outside. Not long after we got home, I got a call from Ruth with an offer for Arby's...so she treated us to lunch. She and I sat on the front porch and visited and ate our lunch. We had a nice visit and the Arby's sandwiches hit the spot! I have done various and sundry things today. I have started getting things reDy to make enchilada sauce tomorrow...the romatoes are all chopped and in the fridge waiting for me to go on with the next steps tomorrow. I napped for a while this afternoon. Woody reated, too...don't know about sleeping since I wasn't right there. I am on the last load of wash that gets me caught up due to our old washer being on the fritz. This last load was a mixed load...and the new washer is not happy with me...I think that the new is "pickier" with what is in the load than the old was! I'm having to respin things in like items...I mixed some lightweight things in with several towels and a throw...oh, well, live and learn! I may get this "load" finished this evening! Woody is settling in for the night. He's feeling just "so-so" T this point in the day. I hope he will wake up refreshed and hve a good day of "no place to go!"To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment