Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A “Slightly” Less Hectic Day

Well, the nurse left just a few minutes ago. But our day started out slower because his TN Oncology appointment wasn't until 12:30pm. So we had a slow morning. He has done his usual crossword puzzles and has picked up his daily crossword puzzle calendar and has been doing those...catching up to date. He took a book with him to Oncology today, which he hasn't been doing. He was so into his book while waiting for me to pick him up that he didn't realize that I was there. It was a very hot day...the car's thermometer said that it was 94 on the way to and then on the way home it showed 96...whatever it said...it was HOT!!! It is still hot out there...says that it is 84 but feels like 95...which means that humidity is hanging in there too...We're very glad for air conditioning! I have worked a little on the Sunday School lesson. I have also done quite a bit of resting. I started listening to another audio book...one that my childhood friend mentioned at our Cottey College Alum bookclub the other day. This happens to be a book that Donna and I decided not to add to the library. One of my friends didn't care for it when she read it. I don't think she liked the format of the book. And, when Donna read it, she felt like it probably wouldn't be high demand in our church library. After it was mentioned on Saturday, I decided that I would read it if I could get a copy and was able to get an audio copy from our public library's e-library app. At the Zoom bookclub censuring often comes up...was our choice censuring!?! But...in our case one of the reasons that we choose not to place a book is whether we feel it will be checked out...also another reason that we pass books by is that we have a limited budget...so can't buy all the books...have to have reasons not to buy some! I think my childhood Cottey friend may see it as censure...she's guessing due to where we live...it is a book that deals with slavery. I don't feel that is the reason that it won't be read...but maybe I'm rationalizing!?! So, guess tonight I am sharing some of my thoughts as a librarian! Tonight, Woody and I are watching a cooking show as he does crossword puzzles and I write the blog...multitasking! Tomorrow starts out early, again. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment