Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Playing the Waiting Game

We had to wait all day wondering when the home health nurse would arrive. I did know that she was coming as I called the office this morning since I had missed two calls yesterday. I was told that Woody was on the schedule of the nurse who had called us yesterday. So we waited and waited...she finally came around 5pm...she did call and give us a 45 minute "warning." When she got here she told us that it was his discharge visit. Something I don't understand...why would a nurse who has never seen us before come to sign him off...he had to go through all the questions and answers from the beginning since she didn't act like she knew any of his history. I will just say...it seemed like a waste of both her and our time. She didn't check wounds...just asked general questions that our usual nurses already knew. Oh, well...so unless the wound care doctor thinks that Woody should continue on, I guess we are out of the home health loop...at least for the moment. I'm wondering if there is a time frame placed by Medicare/insurance on how long home health nursing care can last without a break...like happens in a nursing care facility? For the time being...one less appointment with a medical person! A day freed up...wonder if it will last till next week. I know that wound care seemed surprised when I said that Woody was being processed out of home health care...that was our wound care nurse...we'll see what the wound care doctor has to say and whether she will start it up again...even before it really ends. We managed to stay at home today...no coming and going. I did finally manage to get all the things back into the laundry room...cleaning supplies that go on a little shelf in there. The fireplace is cleared once again. I worked on the Sunday School lesson for a while and have done some reading and also a little cross stitching...while we waited...Woody has been doing crossword puzzles and watching some TV and maybe read a little. Tomorrow is another early day...those roll around all too often! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious

No comments:

Post a Comment