Thursday, August 31, 2023

Once in a Blue Moon

The blue moon at 6 this morning...I decided thwt today I have done several things that I only do "once in a blue moon!" This afternoon Nathan stopped by with a lawnmower and attempted to mow our lawn...he got part way through when the mower decided not to cooperate...so he changed to the push mower and that one didn't cooperate much longer than the riding mower! While he took breaks hoping one or the other would start after a rest, I got him to do a sonny-do job...this is the "once-in-a-blue moon job...pull out the refrigerator and let me clean under it and vacuum the back and wipe off the sides and back of the refrigerator. That hadn't been done since we remodeled the kitchen...four years ago. These days I rarely read a real book...but I had been reading a book that got taken back into cyberspace in the wee hours of the morning. This happened to be the book that I checked out for Woody the other day...so since he didn't take it to dialysis this morning, I decided that I would attempt to finish it today...then he can have it when he is reqdy to read it. I did get it finished just an hour or so ago...good book...Patti Callahan's "Surviving Savannah." Thanks, Connie, for recommending it! Another job that I don't do often is make croutons...did that this morning. Last time I made them was just before Cheryl and Rachel came...I had stored those in the freezer after they left...just finished them. So made more. Woody has been enjoying salads lately. Woody seems to have had a pretty good day. Made it through dialysis, finished his crossword puzzles after he got home, watched some TV, and rested and relaxed. He enjoyed visiting with Nathan. This morning while he was at dialysis, I did do some weeding...needed it since it has rained so much and then my back has been bothering me enough that I haven't felt like bending over to weed...so the gardens are a little happier. Weather was delightful for the last day of August...lots lower temps and lots lower humidity...another day that gives us a promise that Fall is around the corner. Tomorrow is wound care. I think that Woody is looking forward to seeing how this knee brace will work. Hoping that it will give him the support that he needs. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment