Thursday, August 3, 2023

Sweet Sixteen!

Esther turned 16 today...another..."how is that possible" moments in our lives! I teased her about her hat. I told her that I expected to have trouble getting the hat off her brother...but wasn't expecting her to have a hat on! She stopped by when she was out practicing her driving...she is still working on getting enough hours behind the wheel before she can get her license. I told her to talk someone into letting her get some practice driving in and come by to pick up her birthday gift. I later found out that she was already out practicing and she didn't get her text, but I had told her daddy what I had told her...so he got the text and they swung by. Esther is a sweet girl so it isn't hard for her to be sweet sixteen! Today was a pretty usual Thursday for Woody...up early and out the door early for dialysis. I went on down the street and did a little WalMart shopping...I had almost eliminated WalMart from my shopping routine, but since it is open at 6am, it lets me run early errands and then head home to get on with what needs to be done here. I did get to work on Sunday's lesson for a little while this morning. We have some sporadic rain today...enough to make the plants happy for at least today. Nathan came back by to use one of my sewing machines. He was making some juggling bean bags to take on a mission trip that he, Esther, and Elijah are going on to Germany along with a couple of others from our church. Donna and I worked in the library this afternoon...trying to get back into the swing of things...it had been a while since we processed books...it took a bit to remember the next step in the processing! But we got the hang of it and got 11 books well on the way to being ready to circulate! We even nudged out printer back into service...though it did take a new ink cartridge to make it totally happy and cooperative! But labels are printed which we wondered would/could happen since the printer had sat idle for so long. We got work done and had fun catching up with each other. Woody still doesn't feel the greatest...but is resting at the moment on the couch and he has been able to get up from the couch on his own...a big improvement from a month back when he needed major help getting up and thus made the decision to just sleep in his recliner. If he is dozing, I am going to have to wake him up, though I hate to. But he has some night meds to take...then he can go to sleep the night through, if he can! I no longer have to wake him up to take a antibiotic as he is through with that prescription...unless his wound care doc decides she wants hinm on it longer. Speaking of wound care. We go there tomorrow morning. She will be checking out the progress of the healing on his leg wound...it has been left alone for two weeks...tomorrow the doctor will change the bandage down to the wound and see if she sees any progress. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, last tonight a BIG Happy Birthday to Esther!

No comments:

Post a Comment