Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Little Jenny Wren

I have named this little house wren, "Jenny Wren." She has the sweetest song. She lives in our barn birdhouse. I believe that she has another family of little wrens as she and Mr. Wren are very attentive to taking turns flying to the house fairly frequently. They had a family earlier in the season...so their second brood. Once again, it has been a day-and-a-half day! We got to the hospital on time...went straight in and they were ready for him. I was in the parking lot leaving by a little after 8am and they were getting ready to put his IV in. I drove out of the hospital parking lot and drove across the street and into the parking lot that took me to Kroger. I did my grocery shopping, went home, put away the groceries and then rested for a while. My back is bothering me so I got out the heating pad and sat with that on my back several times during the morning and afternoon. I took Tylenol just before I left to get my hair cut and between the Tylenol and the heating pad it is feeling some better...just trying to be really careful. I got my hair cut and then headed to pick up Woody. He was waiting on me to spring him! After we got home...a little after 3pm, I texted his home health nurse that we were home. She came alityle after 5pm and left around 6. Woody is definitely feeling much stronger since he got his blood transfusion. Hoping that will help with whatever has been ailing him...but he still is hurting and having othe problems. I guess all we can do is what we have been doing...taking it one day at a time...often one moment at a time! I think that he has called it a day and is already sleeping...hasn't had all his meds yet. I will be down in the kitchen for a while...so when I hear that he might be awake, I will give them to him then. I still need to put together the ingredients for his breakfast sausage...have been "going to do that" all day! I will get the ingredients together and then cook the sausage patty for him in the morning and then make the rest of them while he is at dialysis. I am washing a load...hoping that the washer will spin at least one more time for this load. I am needing to do this as all the blood transfusion didn't get into him...they had a major "leak" and it got all over his NIH Guinea Pig shirt...his favorite...plus all over one of his new undershirts. I have been using hydrogen peroxide on the stains...but so far that hasn't taken it totally out. If it doesn't come out in this wash...I will pour more hydrogen peroxide on it and let it soak longer and try again in the next load...perhaps in the new washer? I forgot to finish the eye appointment story last night...I think that I was close to going to sleep when I wrote last night's blog. Shortly after I published it, I fell fast asleep to wake up several hours later. Anyway, back to the eye appointment...they couldn't give him a very close appointment, so I suggested that they give him mine that I have in September and then give me another one. She said that they could do that...but when she went looking she couldn't find my appointment. I had cancelled one earlier in the year and made another one farther into the year...but obviously they hadn't actually done it. The funniest thing was when she told me that my appointment was for March 23, 2023...already in the past...the one that I cancelled. Oh, well...poor Woody couldn't get one any earlier than October and mine is now in November! Well, off to make breakfast sausage...I will be very ready to head to my recliner when I get that finished! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment