Friday, December 30, 2011

And...None to Go!!!!!

Just moments ago I finished the last of the "big brother/sister shirts." So my obligations for sewing prior to the new baby's arrival have been fulfilled! I usually make something for the babies to come home from the hospital in, but this time since he will be a winter baby, Kathy has knitted him a little gown, hat and booties to come home in.

Woody walked this morning and then this afternoon did our grocery shopping. I have spent a good portion of the day finishing up the last two shirts. Several of the children...both young and old have filtered through the house today. Abigail came home from the dentist and a shopping trip and she had finally managed to pull a tooth that had been hanging for a while. Graham came over and spent part of the afternoon. He brought his hexbugs and their habitat and built a maze for them to "run" around in while he was over here. He also got interested in a set of magnets that had been his daddy's when he was a child. We had a pretty good magnet lesson during that playing time (fun to sneak in a "teachable moment" when it isn't expected or even realized!).

Tonight's picture is looking back at summer! I found this when I was sorting pictures (yes, I am still plugging away on that task). It is a picture of a hummingbird moth. It really does resemble a hummingbird.

Well, only one more post to go for this year. This year seems to have passed so very quickly. To think that I have just gotten used to writing 2011 and soon I will have to adjust to writing 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment