Monday, December 26, 2011

Over But the Shouting?!



Just not sure that there is enough energy left to shout! Here we are gathered for our family Christmas celebration on December 24th. Before I went to bed prior to the party I got my tripod all set so it would stand on the stairs and got the camera all set. Then once everyone was here I got everyone to gather in front of the tree (note we just about covered the tree!). I even got in and didn't have to make a dash for it this time as I now have a remote shutter release...worked well!

Christmas Day Woody got up early and walked 8 miles. We both went to church at 10am. Then we came home and got our leftovers out and some warming so that we would be ready for Nathan and family to come over for Christmas lunch. Kathy's parents joined us too. The leftovers worked well for a second meal and we had a nice visit. Later in the afternoon Joy and Esther came over and played for a while as their siblings were watching a movie that didn't interest them or now that I think about it their words were that it scared them. Then they went home and it wasn't long till Nathan and Graham showed up. Nathan had promised Graham that after he read the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia that they would watch the movie: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe...and that would definitely scare the younger ones. So they settled in and Goosey and I watched it with them. (Not my favorite kind of movie.) We had popcorn and then after the movie they partook of some of the leftovers. Graham opted out for PB&J!

This morning Woody walked his 4-mile route. I attempted this morning to get into my gifts and put them away or put them into use. I still haven't gotten the living room back to the way it looked prior to Saturday morning...tomorrow perhaps? I want to get it straightened up so I can sit back and enjoy the decorations for a bit longer. I seem to enjoy them more after than before when it is so busy. Then mid morning we both went over to kidsit as Kathy had a doctor appointment and Nathan went with her this time. We played for a while (Joy and Esther and Elijah enjoyed the playdoh sets that Aunt Melany and Uncle Wade gave them.). Graham and Abigail were otherwise occupied. I warmed up some of their leftovers and we had lunch. We all did a few chores...emptied dishwasher (Goosey with Abigail and Graham helping to tell where things went), loaded dishwasher (me with Abigail's help), swept floor (Joy with a bit of my help), started a load of wash (Graham), and Abigail set the table prior to lunch and then wiped the table off after lunch. So we were busy for a while. Elijah even got in on the helping prior to the meal...he helped me heat up the food. After lunch, Woody and Abigail played a game that they had gotten for Christmas...Graham played banker and the little ones went back to playdoh. Busy times. By the time that we got back to our house I was rather sleepy, but Woody put in a DVD movie that interested me so I managed to stay awake during most of it! Then Woody went to run an errand and I really did fall asleep and slept probably too long...I think that my adrenalin has run out! When I woke up it was time for Antique Roadshow and I decided to watch that and then came upstairs to blog...and then the internet didn't want to cooperate...but finally (unless this doesn't post when I am through!). So that just about sums up our last two days of everything being over BUT the shouting! It has been a very merry and bright "'tis the season" this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment