Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Come to the Manger!

It's that time of the year once again for me to issue an invitation to any of our blog readers who live close enough. Please come to The Night In Bethlehem: A Living Nativity. I am sure that you will be blessed if you are able to attend. Once again Nathan and his family will be performing. I believe that they have a new Christmas story to share this year. They will be performing twice each of the nights. The first night is tomorrow and it will run through Friday night (Dec. 21,22,23). It starts at 6:30 and is over at 9pm each evening. Lots to see in the little town of Bethlehem (be sure to register at the gate so you will be counted in the census!) and there will be musical performances...different ones different nights. All that and lots of cookies and hot chocolate. I plan to attend at least the first two nights and attempt to get some pictures both inside and out. I didn't get very many good ones outside last year. It was cold and very windy. I couldn't hold my camera still even with it on a monopod. We'll see what the conditions will be this year. Today has been rather balmy...the calm before the storms. We are due for rain to start some time this evening and we are praying that it will be through here by tomorrow night. Rain seems to be the norm for our three nights. We are always glad to have two dry evenings!

Woody stayed busy reading. He is happy I brought home a box of books from the church library for him to read and decide if we need them in the library. He walked to the library this afternoon as I left to get my hair cut and run an errand or two. I woke up this morning with menu plans running through my head for our family Christmas lunch. I think that I have made up my mind what we will have...now to get items needed on the grocery list so Woody can shop for them! This evening when it was almost dark I headed next door to ask Nathan and Kathy something and noticed that a truck pulled up in front of our driveway and stopped. I called Woody from next door to alert him to the fact that it looked like we had some workmen here. They were here to install our gutter helmets. Once I approved the color for them, they continued on and installed them right them even though it was just about dark and was dark by the time they finished. So one more thing done on our repairs due to hail damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment