Sunday, December 11, 2011

What a Group!!!




Here we are (except for me). The staircase wall kept me from backing up enough to get all of everyone in...I tried hard...at least you can see parts of 19 of us and you can imagine me behind the camera (that makes a total of 20 in attendance). We really had a great group this morning...lots of yummy food (we are very good cooks!), lots of fellowship and lots of laughs all tied together with our Sunday School lesson. We once again had an ornament exchange and I read "The Right Family." Every time the word ""right" is said we pass the gifts to the right and every time I read the word "left" the gifts are passed to the left. You can imagine what happens when "right" and "left" are read very close together. I had to pause several times when reading so they could get the gifts straightened out...often someone ends up with two gifts and has to figure out who should have the second one! This brings lots of laughter no matter how many years we have read this same story. Today we had a birthday cake for Jesus...a first for our class gatherings. We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and then the cake was cut and enjoyed by all...that is after the candle was blown out...which of course ended up in laughter for us when it took several tries to get it blown out. I managed to get a video (blackmail for another time? who me?) of our silliness! Then we calmed down (we do have our serious sides too!) and had our Sunday School lesson. Then a good part of the group headed off and went to the 11am service at church.




As my first guest arrived this morning, Woody left for the first service at church. He then went to Sunday School and taught his sixth boys' class. After the party, I separated the dishes and put those in the dishwasher that could be washed there. When Woody got home, he washed and dried the rest. Even though this task looks rather daunting with 20 plates, 20 dessert plates, 20 cups and saucers, various glasses, and the forks, spoons and serving pieces all piled up around the kitchen, it really didn't take long at all to clean it up. By 1pm all dishes had been washed either by hand or machine. I took a break and went to lie down for a while and managed to take a little nap (adrenalin had quit flowing!). Woody went to church this evening. I have started putting the dishes away. I still have the Christmas dishes to put away and I have delayed that as I am trying to decide if I want to trade out of some of them with our everyday dishes so we will use them more over the next weeks. Also these have to be put away using a step ladder so another reason to postpone for a bit. I have been up and down that step ladder more times than can be counted over the last couple of weeks. Woody is now home from church and we have settled in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment