Monday, December 12, 2011

We Have a Visitor!

Flat Corbin arrived in the mail today from Arizona. You can see him sitting on the flag of our mailbox. Flat Corbin is to stay with us for a couple of weeks and have his picture taken doing things here in TN. I have had fun today superimposing him on some of my photos that I have taken at other times around the state. It is a project for my great-nephew Corbin's second grade class. It is a way for the class to learn about different places in the world. Flat Corbin is going to attempt to tell Corbin's class about TN. I will mail Flat Corbin back to Corbin in a couple of weeks and then Corbin will make a poster with the pictures, etc. that I send back with Flat Corbin. My next project for the evening is to get things ready for a surprise Christmas art class that Goosey (Woody) and I have planned for tomorrow. We may be up to our elbows in a mess tomorrow...that's the only hint that I will give. Perhaps if we survive there might be a picture or two on tomorrow night's blog. I tried to get back to a normal school schedule this morning. Elijah, Esther, and Joy had some school time and Graham had some sewing time. Graham finished his second pillowcase. This is their last week of school before their Christmas break.

Last night Woody and I finalized this year's Christmas letter and I printed them off. This morning Woody started addressing the envelopes...but ran out of envelopes. So he addressed as many as he could and then walked to the Post Office to mail those and also to buy stamps. Later in the afternoon he ran an errand and bought some more envelopes and also some supplies for that secret Christmas art project. He finished addressing the rest of the envelopes after he got home and mailed those on his way to church tonight for Monday Night Prayer Meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment