Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What Day Is It?

Oh, right...it's Tuesday...Woody has been gathering the trash to take out to the road. I got up and headed straight into the sewing room and got to work on finishing the last little doll outfit that I was making for my great-niece Julianna, who lives in AZ. Well, I finally got all the doll sewing finished a couple of hours ago. Then gathered up the gifts for AZ and took them downstairs for Woody to wrap. Then I put bows on them, etc. I just put the last ones on the table that need to be wrapped. He can do that when he returns from the prayer room at church or in the morning. He started writing our Christmas letter.

This morning my four little art students came over a bit early as their mommy and daddy were going her OB. She was having an ultrasound. Woody went next door to take care of Elijah. I was hoping to have art finished before our heat pump supervisor came to inspect...but he came early so Woody and Elijah came over here. The children drew the shape of a Christmas ornament and then decorated it the way that they wanted to. Then I gave them the outline of a giant ornament and they drew a design on it and then some made the design out of cut and/or torn paper. They did a good job on them. Esther put spirals on hers which got us to cutting spirals...before long all were cutting spirals. Graham managed to cut one that ended up being long enough to stretch from the top of the stairs to the bottom. After art, The four oldest children went back next door and they got back to work on their school assignments. Kathy and Nathan got a good report from the doctor...everything is fine with baby Dorrell#6.

Our Christmas tree is still lacking ornaments. Maybe I can get busy on it in a few minutes and really concentrate on it tomorrow. I need to get all those boxes emptied so Woody can put them back in the "Christmas closet." Lots to do before my Sunday party!!!!! The to-do list is growing rather than shrinking! It's raining and one of the weather forecasters mentioned the "s" word for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment