Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hanging of the Green



Tonight was the Hanging of the Green Service at our church. Four of our five youngest grandchildren were in the program. I didn't think that I was going to be able to post a picture of Esther's preschool choir as I only took a movie during it. But I fooled around with three of my photo programs and found that one of them would let you capture stills from a movie. So that was my "learn something every day" moment of today! Esther's choir is the top one. They made their t-shirts...handprint wreaths. Graham, Abigail and Joy are all in the same choir. All the choirs did a very nice job making us get into this advent season. The church looks very pretty with all the "green" hung.


Woody and I went to the early service and then went to Sunday School. Woody taught his sixth-grade boys' class. We came home and Woody continued to make the Ham and Barley Soup that he had started before we left this morning. This soup has quite a bit of cutting and then several stages of browning veggies and then a long cooking time. I helped along the way with a bit of cutting and stirring...but this soup we will give credit to Woody for! We each had a bowl late in the afternoon. Very tasty! I continued the decorating...getting closer. I can almost say that all I have left is the big tree...but not quite. Maybe before the evening ends?



No comments:

Post a Comment