Friday, December 16, 2011

Ya Gotta Keep on Top of Those Sheep!

I asked Graham to set up the Fisher Price manger scene just before my party last week. This is how he set up the shepherd scene...with one of the little shepherds balanced on top of one of the sheep.

Today has been a rather rainy day...at least the first half. Woody got his exercise in grocery shopping. He took Esther and Elijah with him to WalMart and Kroger. I'm sure an adventure for all! Last night before I went to bed I had the five gifts that I was working on all finished. Today I have spent sewing out names and the years to put on the ornaments for Nathan and family. I got those finished and got them applied to their ornaments and then put hanging cords on all the rest of the ornaments that I have made for gifting this year. I also made a stocking with Elijah's name on it for their advent calendar. I should have made this last year but didn't have any red felt. So now Elijah has a stocking to hang when it's his turn (Monday). Their advent calendar is the one that Mother made us when Melany was two and Nathan was a baby. I had made one for Melany's family just like this one so when Nathan married we gave Kathy and him "ours." It is a tree and each day during December there is a different ornament to snap onto the tree. Each of the children have a stocking to hang on the tree the last days before Christmas with the star to be the last ornament to be put up on the 24th. After my little sewing projects, I started cleaning up the mess in my sewing room that has accumulated during the last week or so and watching some old Christmas movies that I have on CD's. Last year Nathan and Kathy and family gave me a collection of lots of vintage Christmas movies and cartoons. I have been viewing them keeping in mind which ones that I think that their family might enjoy. One that I watched today was Santa Claus conquers the Martians (or some such). I figured that this would be one that I didn't recommend...but Graham came over and it caught his attention and watched part of it and he thought that it was funny. I think that probably out of the children, he would be the only one who would enjoy it. It was funny. It was made in the early 60's and there was talk of rockets and space...a far cry from what a movie about such would be today! Woody watched his favorite Christmas movie today: Miracle on 34th Street. Woody headed next door a few minutes ago leaving me here to blog. I will head over as soon as I post this. We are kid sitting while the parents go stocking stuffer shopping. Pretty much time for jammies and some stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment