Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Little of This and A Little of That

A little of this and a little of that equals not a lot done for me today. I'm still recovering from Christmas festivities. Yesterday's long nap late in the day meant that I didn't get to bed very early (which means that I read into the wee hours of the morning) and when I did get to sleep then I slept later in the morning. I have been sorting through things...gift bags, gifts (putting them away or on display if they are Christmas related), and the big sorting job...my photos. I did some of the photo sorting in the wee hours of the morning too. I am just about through December for one camera (my interchangable lens camera). The only problem there is that I got my little point and shoot camera this year and have taken more pictures with it than I have taken with my older camera...so that means that I still have LOTS of pictures to go through and get put into correct folders in the computer. I enjoy this task as it lets me review what we have done over the last around six months (but after a while it does make my neck burn...too much looking at the computer screen...don't want a stiff neck!). Why don't I do this sorting more often????? The sorting job is something that I do when on our trips to NIH and happily those have diminished in frequency ("only" five trips to Maryland this year). I have been listening to my Christmas CD's while sorting through all my photos. I did meet a goal yesterday...I finished my 52nd book for this year. So I have averaged a book a week in 2011.

Woody has done quite a bit of reading today. He also has worked on getting his gifts put away. He walked to the prayer room this evening and returned a little while ago. It has been rather damp and chilly today. We got quite a bit of rain last evening and into the wee hours of the morning today...a little over an inch since midnight. This has been a rather wet month. according to Weather Bug we have gotten almost 7 1/2 inches since Dec. 1! Good month for ducks!

Tonight's picture is one that I took at "Night in Bethlehem" last week and made it look like an old photo with my photo software.






No comments:

Post a Comment