Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another First!

I had always wanted to make a gingerbread house and now I can at least say that I helped make three. We started out making four, but somehow we didn't make enough of the sidewalls. So Esther ended up decorating a couple of gingerbread men and also made a tree out of a sugar cone. The older three made houses. All the cans on the table were wall supports till the frosting glue dried. We were successful in getting three houses over to their house after each got them decorated with candy. You can say that this was the grand finale art class of this semester! Woody didn't think that they were going to need much assistance...it only took a moment or two for him to decide that we were both needed to get this art lesson done! After the last house was decorated, we started in a bit on the clean up and also on making a pot of soup. We were needed to go over to their house late afternoon to sit while Elijah finished out his nap as the parents both needed to be somewhere at the same time. Woody went over at the start and I continued to clean up the kitchen. My floor won't know what to think as it has gotten mopped twice in less than a week! I think all the mess was worth it as each was very pleased with what they made today. They enjoyed a few pieces of candy and also ended up providing their family with dessert for lunch (gingerbread men cookies decorated to the hilt! After I finished mopping the floor I went next door to stay with Elijah till Kathy and children got home from gymnastics. Woody left to walk to the prayer room. I am home now...ready to collapse! Fun day but exhausting!!!! But at least I can say that I have assisted in making a gingerbread house! The gingerbread houses that were featured for many years running in Good Housekeeping (very intricate!) were what got me intrigued with making one sometime. Ours were very simple...good thing!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Making a gingerbread house is on my bucket list also.

    ReplyDelete