Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Us Two and a Guest"




I'm really late blogging...and, no, the Deacon-Widow Banquet did not last this long. It was a late evening for us but we have been home for over an hour. I got distracted and then had to download pictures and then had internet connection problems. We had a very well attended banquet as you can tell by the top picture. I have a pretty wide lens, but couldn't get all the tables in one picture...but you get the gist that there were quite a few of us in attendance. Good fellowship, good food, and good entertainment. Our entertainment was a local group called "Us Two and Him," but "Him" wasn't able to be here tonight so they had a guest guitarist who joined them. They are really funny. We all had a good laugh to start out our Christmas celebrations. I ate too much and really should have passed on the dessert, but it was really good cheesecake and I just couldn't and I ate all but one bite which I did share with Woody just so he could see what he was missing! He had pecan pie...couldn't have been as good as the cheesecake!




We have had a busy day. Elijah, Esther, and Joy came over for school lessons. Then Abigail had her sewing lesson. Today she prepared fabric for Esther's placemat. She did a LOT of cutting. I think that her hand was tired when she left. While Abigail sewed with me, Woody walked to the Post Office. After lunch Woody and I went to Lowe's and WalMart to look at microwaves (ours died a couple of days ago). We came home with a new one and it is all plugged in and has warmed a cup of tea for me...so I know that it works. Then this evening we had the Deacon-Widow Banquet. So a very busy day. It was good that Woody felt like going to the banquet. The last one that we attended was three years ago...just days after he had been told that his melanoma had returned. He was in a lot of pain at that time and was pretty miserable and all I could think about was his diagnosis...that wasn't the best memory of a deacon-widow banquet...so it was good to be back in attendance and to have him enjoying it once again.




No comments:

Post a Comment