Monday, December 19, 2011

That's a LOT of Groceries!

Here's what the stage area at the front of our church looked like last night after everyone brought their bags of food forward. There was already a lot of food back in the fellowship hall too. This morning Woody went down to the church to help pack and deliver boxes of food to those in need in our community. Nathan and the children went to pack boxes. After packing boxes, Woody went with Nathan and the children to deliver boxes. I'm not sure what the count of the number of boxes we packed. But I do know that the goal was over 150 and I am pretty sure that they went beyond the goal.

I stayed home and started getting things organized to start wrapping presents. I have set up a wrapping work station on our dining room table. But so far haven't wrapped anything yet. It was also a day of catching up with friends and family on the phone. I am a part of a couple of sewing groups on the internet. On one of the groups we post pictures of things that we have made. I was way behind in posting my Christmas sewing so I did that today too. I would say that this was sort of a wind-down day before I need to get wound back up for all that will be happening this week. We will have our family Christmas on Saturday so I will be needing to get ready for that before long...as in planning a menu! I decided to do things a bit differently this year and want to change up our menu...but haven't settled on anything yet!

Woody stayed busy today first packing boxes and delivering them, then he ran an errand this afternoon that took a while. He and Abigail and Joy walked his four-mile route after they came home from packing White Christmas boxes. He came home after that and relaxed a bit. Graham came over to read. He is really wrapped up in the Chronicles of Narnia. He has started on the second book. He is anxiously waiting to get to watch the first Chronicles of Narnia movie (his reward for finishing the first book). Joy and Esther came over late in the afternoon. Joy helped Goosey make some Tahitian Treats...a yummy confection. Esther came upstairs and did art work and also helped me work on a couple of pictures in the computer. Well, guess it is time to go wrap a few presents...'tis the season to be doing such!







No comments:

Post a Comment