Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Story Behind the Ornament #2

The blue beaded ornament called "Message in a Bottle" was made by Melany. It is beaded around the neck of one of our granddaughter's insulin bottles. And, in the bottle is a rolled up message...this one reads Merry Christmas from Melany, Wade, Erin & Alex. I know because Graham got it out when we were decorating and read it and then struggled to get it back in...but back in he did get it! The sweet baby Christmas ornament is our granddaughter Erin Elizabeth. She is a Type I diabetic. So I think of her (and others with this disease...praying for a cure) when I hang this on the tree. I also have a "Message in a Bottle" necklace. I believe that message is "I love you" signed Erin. Hard to believe that sweet little baby is now a sweet college freshman. My time does fly!

'Tis the season! I can't believe it but I can say that all our wrapping is done. The menu for Saturday is planned and ingredients needed are on the grocery list. I machine embroidered a name on one of the gifts that Kathy & Nathan are giving. With that Christmas sewing is finished. At the moment I have batteries charging for the cameras so I will have full charges on extra batteries so hopefully I will make it through the evening without camera batteries giving out. (If they give out when I start with them fully charged then I have taken enough for the evening!) Woody and I will be heading out for The Night In Bethlehem: A Living Nativity in less than an hour. Woody is a greeter this year...so good to see that he feels well enough to once again do that job. I will be attempting to get pictures of some of Bethlehem until it is time for The Dazzling Dorrell's shows and then I will go in and find a spot in the church balcony to take pictures of them. The rain quit early today so things should be in pretty good shape...unless all the wood for fires is wet and causes smoke...then I won't be outside very long! But tonight should be a good night for the outdoor activities. Now tomorrow...well...we are due for storms most of the day so rain free evening is iffy. But then Friday is supposed to be nice once again...we are always glad to get at least two good nights for the Nativity. I used to do costumes...and rainy nights are terrible on the costumes and the costumers...lots of costumes to take home and wash and dry for the next day. Memories! Glad that I'm just taking pictures these days.

Woody walked his four-mile route this afternoon due to the fact that it rained this morning. He has done quite a bit of reading today and some TV watching.

I'm off to get ready to head out the door shortly...need to dress warmly, etc. for the outside activities at the Nativity...not as cold as some years but still chilly...'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment