Friday, December 21, 2012

Day of Firsts

Today is the first day of winter and also the first day of FBC, Tullahoma's A Night In Bethlehem: A Living Nativity. I'm posting a photo from the first night last year. The winds have died down quite a bit compared to last night, but there is still a breeze and that makes our chilly temperatures even that much chillier. Woody and I will be heading down to the church in a few minutes...he to greet...me to photograph. I will probably spend most of my time inside...up in the balcony...capturing different aspects of The Dazzling Dorrell's newest program. I have sewn most of the day...ornaments are finished (ending count is 30!)and I got two gifts finished today. I have Isaac's romper cut out. Whether it gets farther than that, time will tell! But I know that he won't hold it against his grammy if I finish his outfit after Christmas. Woody babysat Isaac during his morning nap so the rest of the family could go and put final touches on their program. Woody walked after he had lunch. I noticed that he didn't stay out quite as long as he sometimes does...pretty chilly...wind made it downright cold! This evening I fixed us Surf and Turf...something that we don't have often. I found the lobster tails and steak in the freezer when I was checking to see if we had certain items for our family Christmas dinner. Sounded like a good dinner to have between yesterday and Monday so I took them out of the freezer. They were ready for cooking today so we had an early dinner so we would be ready to head out. Happy first day of winter! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment