Saturday, December 15, 2012

Despite a slow start...

This morning got off to a very slow start for me, as I had my periodic eye problem upon awakening...the eyelid seems to stick to my eyeball and when I open my eye...OUCH!!!!! It took almost three hours before I could actually open my eye without severe pain. It remains blurry...but at least I have one that I can see out of clearly. I was finally able to start sewing on Isaac's Christmas present this afternoon and just moments ago I put in the last buttonhole...so just have to cut the buttonholes open and then sew on buttons and that part of his outfit is finished...then on to some little coveralls. Perhaps he will have more than fabric for his Christmas present! Woody included the library and several errands in his eight-mile walk today. This afternoon while I was sewing I heard several of the neighbors go in and out. In a little while, Woody came up and asked if I had heard what they had come to tell him. I hadn't, so he filled me in...Nathan had taken Esther and Elijah with him for a short hunting jaunt. And, "miracles" will never cease...they got a deer! Nathan said that the deer showed up about a minute after they got settled in and he kept telling the kids to be quiet (ha! ha!)...but despite their chatter...the deer stayed in one spot long enough for Nathan to get a shot off. I still scratch my head over how Nathan became a hunter...he didn't get that gene from his daddy...plus Nathan has always been so squeamish that I don't know how he manages to handle what comes after the kill! But somehow he seems to enjoy it. Abigail came in all excited asking me to get my camera and come take a picture...that was one picture that I passed on taking!!!!! I reminded her that she has a camera and she happily headed off to get hers and take a couple of shots of her own! This grammy stayed in her house and contentedly continued to do Christmas sewing. Now it is time to go rest my back and read for a while. Oh, and, we got an email yesterday saying that Alex's present has been shipped and should get here next week...so he should have a present under the tree, too! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment