Friday, December 28, 2012

Plans Underway...Again!

Today we got correspondence from The National Institutes of Health (NIH) about Woody's next appointment...four months goes all too fast! The first week in January marks three months since our last visit and appointments have now been made for early February. Woody went for a walk this morning, but the sleet/rain started in while he was out and he only walked about two miles. I know that I started hearing sleet hitting the windows not long after he headed out the door. Joy came over with a mail delivery from her family...such nice thank-you notes! Joy made a quick trip back home and got her doll so she could have a fitting. The nightgown fit fine so I added velcro and her doll now has something to wear to sleep in. While she was over here, I cut out two more nightgowns, but haven't had a chance to sew on them today. Woody ran an errand to the Credit Union. It has rained off and on today..."they" say that we may have some snow flurries tomorrow. I did try out our newly fixed drier...washed and dried all our Christmas table linens which are all now folded and put away...so the drier did once again heat...it "just" needed a new thermostat. This afternoon Graham came over for a while and Joy and Esther joined him. They ended up making a craft that Auntie Cheryl had sent them. They did it all by themselves...cute little reindeer ornaments. After supper, I came upstairs to relax in the recliner and read and do a couple of things on the iPad. My eyes didn't stay open very long and when I woke up it was past time to blog...then it took me a while to "make myself" get up and come in here. Guess that is the end to my rather lazy last Friday in December! Tonight's photo shows Joy reading to her class while she played school yesterday. Her new doll, Ellie, is the doll sitting near her (guess she is teacher's pet...or the one who was acting up in class and had to sit near the teacher!).

1 comment: