Thursday, December 27, 2012

Waiting Game!

I often wonder if repairmen get a feeling of power making you wait for them! We were told that the repairman to fix our drier would be here between 8am and 5pm. Well...about 4:30pm I got a call that he was in a nearby town and would be here shortly. I will say that once he got here that it took him just a very short time to get it fixed. So after a week of not having a drier, we now have one once again. Having the neighbors next door helped me know that if I REALLY needed a drier that there was one there to be used. We did use theirs when I discovered that ours was no longer heating, after I had done a large load. I will now be able to catch up and wash linens from our Christmas dinner, etc. Things that didn't have to be washed by any certain time...but it will be good to get them washed and put away till the next time they are needed. Woody loaded up the car with aluminum cans this morning and he and Abigail and Esther took them to the "can man" to get money to be turned in for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions. Before lunch, Elijah came over and played for a short time. Abigail called up to see if she could go with Goosey (Woody) when he went on his walk. Mid afternoon, they walked to the library. She took her library card with her and a bag so she could check out some books. Woody found another book in a series that I enjoy reading. So at the moment I have several books waiting in line to be read. This afternoon, Joy came over. She played school with her doll and the dolls that reside at our house. She read her pupils stories. I cut out a nightgown for her new doll, Ellie, while she played. She got bunny slippers for her doll from Aunt Melany so I decided that she needed a nightgown. This will be a trial to see how the nightgown fits her doll and if it does fit then I will make two more nightgowns. The plan is for Abigail to start making some clothes for her doll, Abbie, when she gets back to having sewing lessons with me. Esther's doll's name is Noel. I told them that they needed to name them "real" names...so immediately upon opening their dolls they decided on names. I was sewing on Ellie's nightgown when I realized that it was time to blog. Time seems to get away from me when I am sewing. I'm glad that my drier is fixed...guess it was worth the all-day wait!?! Tonight's photo shows the children blowing out the candle on Jesus' birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment