Thursday, December 13, 2012

Way to go, Abigail!

Abigail was so excited today when we put that last stitch into the apron and she was able to slip it over her head and tie it behind her! When I saw her last, she hadn't taken it off! She did a very good job and learned a lot of patience as it took quite a while since we sew not much more than two hours a week. I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy and Abigail. Then I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to order something for Alex for Christmas. I found the item at a very good price and attempted to purchase it and found out that we would have to go to the store to pick it up rather than have it shipped to us...which was okay...EXCEPT...when I looked at possible stores they all said that the item was unavailable. So I found it elsewhere and it gave a date when it would be delivered...in time for Christmas...sounded good! So I placed that order and when I got the receipt, it said that it would be mailed when it was available. Hmmmmmmmmmmm this may turn into a "Promise" in the end. Oh, well...we have tried and he is 15 so he will understand (I hope!)! Woody walked four miles today. He ended up cooking our supper as I got a call from Janie's Sewing Center that my machine was ready to be picked up. So I left Woody with the Red Clam Sauce and hopped in the car to retrieve it! Now, to say something about sewing machines these days...last week when it started having a problem, I just stopped the machine and removed the hoop and shut down the machine in the middle of an embroidery design. I took the hoop off and set it aside. When I brought it home tonight, I turned on the machine and opened up the embroidery part of the machine. It went right back to the design that I had been stitching...right back to the place where I had to stop the machine...and I put the hoop back on and finished up the design that I had been doing! It still held onto that info in its computer "brain" and was able to finish that design. So...another Christmas ornament stitched! 'Tis the Season!

1 comment: