Friday, December 7, 2012

Night Out On The Town!

A bit late blogging...due to the annual Tullahoma Christmas Parade! I haven't been probably in 30 years...usually don't want to go due to cold weather...but tonight was so mild that when I was invited to go with the neighbors (Kathy, Nathan and family), I decided that I would go and try photographing a night parade. Three of our six neighbor grandchildren were on the float that is pictured. Abigail and Joy are on the side of the float that you can see. Graham is on the other side. We had fun and it was so nice to not freeze. Years ago when Melany and Nathan were young we realized that the main reason that they wanted to go to the parade was to get the candy that the clowns threw into the crowd. Woody told them that if they would stay home from the parade (in other words...not make Mommy and Daddy go), that he would buy them a bag of any candy they wanted! The went for the bag of candy! And, we haven't gone since...till I went tonight. Woody has raked, dragged, blown, and plucked leaves a good part of the day today. The plucking takes place when they are stuck in bushes, ground cover, etc. I went to WalMart with Kathy today and bought Graham a Christmas present. She and Nathan had spotted what we were thinking about getting Graham so I went to check it out...so grandchildren shopping is finished. EXCEPT for the pickle present...a big exception and I haven't figured out what to do this year. Oh, and, I guess we haven't gotten Alex anything yet...oops! I managed to find fabric for Isaac's one-year outfit today (that will be his Christmas present...hopefully I will get it made, but if I don't, I think that he will forgive me if he just gets a box or bag full of fabric...it's nice soft fabric...he'll probably cuddle right up to it!). Woody got up and walked seven miles early this morning. We've had a pretty busy day! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment