Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sundry Saturday

I have done a little of this and a little of that today...so not much of anything done! I had big plans, but...Now, Woody on the other hand has done a lot of a lot of things...he worked the whole morning blowing and raking leaves (can you tell that we have a lot of leaves?!), he went to the library, ran errands, visited people who are to get a box of food from our church's White Christmas ingathering of food (someone visits each person/family to make sure that addresses are correct, find out numbers in family, dietary restrictions, make sure that someone will be home to receive the box on the day they are delivered, etc.), stopped at the grocery store on one of his times out and about. And, our neighbors were very busy doing their Christmas baking...mmmmmmmmmmmmm! I got to sample some of it. Good cooks! Then for lunch I went next door and ate pizza with them. Woody missed out as he had already had lunch and had gone on errands. He has enjoyed sampling some of the goodies this evening as Kathy brought us a plate. The children were in and out today...some just coming over to borrow things like cookie cooling racks and others to play for a while. I experimented with some settings on my camera for a while this morning taking some of our decorations. I even got out the tripod so I could take longer exposures. Tonight's photo is one that I took of ornaments on our tree. I have also spent time trying to find just the perfect items for our pickle present this year...I think that I have made my decisions...but not absolutely sure about one of the items. I've got to get those ordered so they will get there in time. I also did some preparation work for a recipe that I will make tomorrow...easier to put together when the chopping is done ahead of time. The one thing that I had planned to do today was wrap presents to send off to family in AZ. Got to get those off or they won't have their gifts in time. Seems like I'm lagging this year! 'Tis the season

No comments:

Post a Comment