Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Can't Keep Some People Down!

I was awakened this morning with Woody having come up the stairs (thought that he had planned to stay down for several days). He had come up to print one of today's crossword puzzles...which he had mentioned the day before and I assured him that I would print them off for him...guess I was awake soon enough! Then...a little later after he had been upstairs several other times...once to get his medicine and another to run off another puzzle...I mentioned something about me going to Kroger today and he said that HE was going to go...and there was no stopping him. He said that the grocery cart was even a better walker than the one that we had gotten yesterday. When he got home, he had lots of helpers from our neighbor grandchildren for bringing them in the house. And, he let me put them away. I did have school this morning...so a normal Wednesday school day for me. After lunch I headed to the church and worked in the library for a while. On my way home I stopped at the public library and picked up a book that had come in that I had requested. When I got home, Woody was putting on his suit so he could go to the funeral home for the visitation of a friend who died on Easter Sunday. Since coming home from his last venture out, he has stayed pretty much put in his recliner. He said that his main problem in the car is getting out. He doesn't seem to be in very much pain and is learning how to get up and down in his chair. He uses the walker some, but I see that he will be abandoning it very shortly. He goes to the doctor in the morning to have his knee checked and I think to have stitches removed. I imagine that he will be given exercises to start doing for his rehab. He is being very good about icing his knee. Hopefully the doctor will be pleased with how well he is doing rather than saying that he has done too much! His throat is a bit sore due to the tube that was inserted at the time of surgery. He enjoyed the Stuffed Spud Soup that I made for our supper. He said that it made his throat feel better. I am going to go in and rest for a few minutes and then going down to make brownies. I have been asked to provide a dessert for a luncheon after a funeral tomorrow. I spotted this little blue bird sitting among the dogwood blooms this morning. I took it through our bedroom window and there was quite a glare. I attempted to remove the glare with my photo software...so not the best picture...but a blue bird and dogwood blooms can't be too bad of a picture! We have so many blue birds flitting around in the trees and making homes in some of our birdhouses this year. It is so pretty to see the flash of blue as they fly through the yard. You can see that our dogwood blossoms are starting to open...not that pretty white yet...give them a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment