Saturday, March 12, 2016

Time jumps forward

I have just finished setting all our clocks ahead an hour. My sister and I talked a little while ago...last time that we will just be an hour away for quite a while. AZ doesn't move their clocks...so...part of the year we live one hour apart and the other part we live two apart. And...unfortunately we only have four months of it that way...my way of thinking of it is... not a fair division of the year...should be equal! That extra hour just seems to be hard to work around when calling. Oh, well...life goes on! Woody got up first this morning and went on a five mile walk. The children ate their cereal in the kitchen, but decided to take their English muffins out on the front porch since it was such a nice mild morning. Woody and they played ball several different times today. Joy can really slug the ball! Elijah is learning to keep his eye on the ball and does manage to connect once in a while. He is keeping his eye on the ball in the above picture...can you see the ball heading toward him? On my way back into the house after taking the playing ball photo, I spotted a blue bird in the tree almost next to me. I snapped his picture, but it turned out rather dark. I did manage to lighten it enough in my photo software so one can tell that it is a blue bird. Joy says that this is an Eastern blue bird. She is really enjoying bird watching at the moment. She is doing a great job drawing them too. This afternoon the children went back and forth from playing outside to doing things inside till their family returned. Joy made a necklace with a shell that she had that had a hole in it and she used some of my craft beads. She and Elijah also got out the Snap Circuit kits. I don't think that Joy had ever done much with them, but Elijah has worked with them with me. They had a good time making complete electric circuits till their parents showed up and said that they had a surprise at home. They had brought their cousin back with them...so one more next door...the more the merrier! Woody and I have settled in for a bit quieter evening than we have been having...no stories to read outloud tonight. Which is a good thing as my allergies have left me just about voiceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment