Friday, March 4, 2016

Perfect Timing

I just happened to look out the window at the perfect time this evening and saw the setting sun outlined clouds. I grabbed my camera and captured several shots before the sun moved lower in the sky and the clouds no longer shone. We continue to get ready for two little munchkins who will be joining us for several days. I had to get rooms/beds ready for guests. I have done a little vacuuming, dusting, etc. getting them ready. I had to clear the guestroom bed of sewing debris as it is the room where the children sew on their projects. And I had to clear the bed in the school room of papers, etc. that seem to gather there due to school activities. Now we will just have to clear off decorative pillows from the guest room bed and stuffed animals and pillows from the school room bed. I'll let the children do that tomorrow night before they settle down for a good night's sleep. We have also been working on what we will eat while they are here...trying to get the grocery list ready before Woody heads off to the grocery store in the morning. Abigail came over after she got her school work finished and completed the cover for her Kindle. It really turned out great. She did a good job choosing fabrics, decorative buttons, and doing a lot of precise sewing. She is happy that it is finished so she will have it for their trip. Woody walked four miles this morning. I made a trip to the public library. I had two books that couldn't be renewed that were due today. Since I was going, I decided that I would find a few more books for me to read as I was out of fiction books...the kind that you can hold in your hand. I do have a couple of e-books that I am reading, but I still like to have an actual real book or two in a stack next to my recliner. So now I am happy once again...I have several non-fiction books as well as several fiction books...some of those books are mine, some the church library's and some the public library's...so I am well supplied with reading material for the present! When I finish blogging I am thinking about going downstairs to make cookies...Grammy's cookie jar is rarely filled so I thought that it might be fun for them to have something in it for a change...just wonder if Grammy and Goosey can resist what is in it! Our lack of will power to keep out of the cookie jar is the reason that it is usually empty...if we fill it WE will empty it! I figured that at least over the next few days we will have some help emptying it and it won't just be us eating the cookies. The kids are so used to it being empty they rarely ask if there is anything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment