Tuesday, March 29, 2016

He Survived!

Let's say that we both survived. The hospital called a little before 9:30am and said that they were running ahead of schedule and asked us to come in as soon as possible. Hopefully it did speed up the process, but it still took most of the day. We didn't get home till after 3pm. Nathan came and spelled me for a little while so I could get my hair cut. When I left around 12:30 the nurse indicated that it wouldn't be much longer than 45 min. till he would be released. Well...that timing wasn't exactly correct! Everyone said that he did just great and the PT guy who came to get him up and walking said that he did great too. Woody had to choose between coming home on crutches or with a walker. He decided on the walker. I had to go to the medical supply place to get the walker. I took him home first and Nathan and Graham helped get him safely inside that first long "walking trip." Getting the walker was a bit of a comedy of errors, but in the end I think that we got what we were supposed to have. The man who helped me was determined that Woody should have a walker with no wheels. I told him that I thought that the orders were for one with wheels. But he presisted and brought out one with no wheels. But when the order from the doctor came through it was for one with wheels and the only way I got the correct kind was to ask the girl who was processing the paperwork to check and sure enough it was for one with wheels...so finally I got out the door with the correct type. So we are settled in for a quiet evening...at least we hope for a quiet evening! I'm tired. I don't know about Woody...probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment