Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday Through and Through

It has been a busy day. I am just now stopping long enough to be able to think about writing tonight's blog. Actually I have just walked back into the house. My ladies' Sunday School group ate out together tonight. I believe that a good time was had by all who attended. And, my hamburger was especially good as I received a coupon this morning via email that I got a free hamburger for my birthday. That coupon made my order an easy decision. And, it was a delicious...I enjoyed every bite along with the French fries. I guess my birthday celebration has started. I got a present from my sister and my new brother-in-law yesterday. Today I got an "almost" free meal. Just before I left to go out to eat, Woody headed next door to provide supervision over the seven neighbor grandchildren while their parents went on a date. Abigail spent a good part of the afternoon over here working diligently on her tablet cover. We are going to be hosting Esther and Elijah starting on Saturday for several days. I think that they just got started being excited as they came over and started setting up the toys, etc. the way they want them. I asked them if they were planning their time and they said they were. Isaac also came over and played. He is a bit sad that he isn't staying with us. Elijah starts little league practice this Saturday and both he and Esther have their awards night for Upwards basketball. Hopefully we can get them to all the places they need to be! Woody walked four miles today. It has been rather drizzly all day today. I had a regular day of school with my little students. Esther worked some more on her cross stitch. Elijah and I are planning on making his iPod "case" while he stays with us this weekend. Esther is also wanting a tablet cover...so the sewing machines may be humming while they are here. Abigail and Joy have done the sewing themselves on these covers, but I'm not sure how much Elijah and Esther will be able to do as they don't have as much experience on the machine and this cover calls for pretty precise seam width if these items are to fit their devices. Time will tell how much they will do! Before school started this morning, Woody got the last item stuffed (that's about what it took at the end) back into the Christmas closet. It is good to have a wider hallway once again. Esther and Elijah enjoyed playing school with the dolls and school desks that have a special place in the corner of the upstairs hallway...another way they were settling into a mindset of getting ready to live here for several days! I woke up way too early this morning and never stopped to rest during the day...so maybe I'll be able to sleep better tonight. I even managed to vacuum part of the living room before school started and later in the day Nathan helped me move the glider loveseat back to its non-Christmas spot. And, that sums up our day in backwards order...I needed to change up something in my ho-hum recitation of our dull daily lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment