Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Neither rain nor sleet nor baseball bats...

We once again have a nice mailbox that works thanks the efforts of: Woody getting the mailbox and painting it; me painting the stencils; Nathan and crew in reinforcing the post and putting the mailbox back in place...and no thanks to whomever came through in the wee hours of the morning and walloped the old one! And, as you can see it works. Not long after they got it back in place the mailman came along and filled it. Then Isaac got to be the first "mail getter!" This morning Woody and Joseph went to do our weekly Wednesday Krogering. While they were gone I attacked the family room...vacuuming and dusting it. I have delegated different jobs to different days of the week this week so I won't end up with a lot to do tomorrow. We are having "guests" on Friday. Note that I put the word "guests" in quotes because I guess that they really aren't guests since one of them used to live with us in this house...but it has been so long since we have seen them that they seem like guests! Melany, Erin and perhaps Wade are coming to spend part of the day with us on Friday. The other job for the morning was to mop the kitchen floor and I got that done too. Shortly after the mailbox got fixed and I took the pictures of it, I headed off to work in the church library for a couple of hours. On the way home I stopped at the public library to return several books and to check out a couple more as I was down to "just" one! After I got home my recliner looked really good and I have sat in it and read while I rested. Woody is still nursing his knee. His main exercise of the day was going to the grocery store and supervising the mailbox job. He is now downstairs with the TV going and a book in his hands. Once again we are both settling in for another quiet evening. Sorry about the "decorative" objects in the yard across the street...they must be remodeling bathrooms! I wasn't paying attention to the background when I took the group picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment