Thursday, April 21, 2016

More April Showers

Late this afternoon I happened to look out the window and saw the above picture...umbrellas around the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy's) firepit. At that point it had just begun to rain, but Graham told me later that his siblings had been out there for a while with umbrellas trying to keep the smoke off themselves. Once it started raining harder...fire went out and umbrellas went inside. Today started much too early for me. I woke up way too early. When Woody came upstairs to run off today's crossword puzzles, I decided that I might as well start my day and went downstairs to work in the kitchen. I unloaded the dishwasher and then decided that I might as well do the cooking that I planned to do today...Cream of Reubin Soup. So before it was time for school to start I had the soup made and cooling and Rye bread cubes becoming croutons in the oven. I was a bit sleepy during several of the school sessions...especially when we were reading out loud, but made it through the morning. After lunch, Joy came over to have her Grammy long time for this week as she had missed her time on Tuesday when we were at Vanderbilt. She was completing a project today...making a clay pot like we had read about in a book about Pocahontas. She worked on her clay pot for more than half the time and then the rest we finished up reading the story that we had started this morning during her reading time. Well, I just thought that I had had trouble staying awake while reading in the morning with her...now that it was after lunch I really had trouble keeping awake. But we made it (finally) through the story. I thought about taking a nap after she left, but I had told Elijah that we could continue his long time this afternoon as we didn't get very far this morning. Abigail had been trying to get a zippered bag done to give her cousin, who was visiting, so she worked on it during her reading time and on into Elijah's long time. And, I had to help her get through a couple of problems so Elijah and I didn't get quite as far as he would have liked. He was machine embroidering a dog onto a t-shirt. We got all the preliminary things done and were ready to do the embroidery when it was time for him to go home for lunch so I told him that if he got a chance he could come back this afternoon. Back he came and we did get his shirt completed. He was quite pleased with it when he was able to take it back home...a project done in one day! Woody has been having problems with sciatic pain in his right leg (especially in the foot area)...the leg that he had surgery done on his knee. He thinks that perhaps somehow that the exercises that he has been doing diligently for his knee have inadvertantly made this sciatic problem flare up. If it isn't one thing then it is another! I know that he is ready not to hurt for whatever reason! I was a bit late blogging as I took a nap not long after I finished my supper (once I sat down and got quiet I was asleep!) plus everything about this computer tonight has been slow from downloading pictures to getting the blog to even open. I will now go down and check on Woody...it's pretty quiet downstairs...I'm thinking that he might be asleep already.

No comments:

Post a Comment