Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesday Rolls Around Again

Just about at the time for me to come in to blog, we had a strong thunder storm roll through. I'll bet that the water isn't as still on the Duck River as it was yesterday. This is a picture taken from the one-way bridge as we came home yesterday on back roads. I finally got my pictures from yesterday to download. I realized after I finally got the blog to post last night that our anti-virus program was running a scan...something that it just does on its own at times and I didn't realize that it was doing it last night. I'm so glad to have things going along at a faster pace tonight! Woody headed off to do our Wednesday Krogering before I got underway with school this morning. Joseph came tapping at the front door a little before it was time for school. He came in and watched me eat my English muffin. Then we headed upstairs and he watched me brush my teeth and THEN we got underway with school. The rest of the morning went on as usual...Isaac (for his preschool time), Elijah to read out loud to me (He finished another first grade reader today.), Esther to read out loud (She is about to finish The Little House on the Prairie), Joy decided to do her Social Studies reading during her reading time(we read about Norway and Vikings and Norse gods, etc.), then Abigail came and started another zipper bag (We also planned another sewing project. She is ready to take a little break from her bags and wants to make a skirt using a pair of jeans as the basis. We did a little planning for that by looking at some skirts online.). While waiting for the storm to blow through I looked at some fabric online that might work as supplemental fabric. After school, I ate lunch and then went to work in the church library for a couple of hours. I came home and just sat for a while! Woody did a little work in the yard/gardens today. He was pretty happy when I told him yesterday that Graham was mowing the lawn for us. He said that he had been telling himself that he needed to mow, but just didn't think that he should with his leg still hurting. He goes to therapy again tomorrow. Since I was struggling with the computer last night I didn't say a couple of things about our visit with Dr. Sosman. Woody asked him how many survivors of 8 or more years that Dr. Sosman had had as patients. He said not a lot...that he did have some still alive who had responded to IL-2 but he never said how many he had from other treatments. Woody felt that he was one of the few who had lived that long. Dr. Sosman indicated that Woody being in such good health to start with made a big difference in how Woody has responded over the years to treatment. The way things are going in melanoma treatment, I think that there will be more and more success stories in survival. Dr. Sosman told Woody that he would still be a resource for him if Woody ever has questions or needs recommendations. The doctor has left a list of ways to get in touch with him in the letter he sent out. He wished Woody good luck and we wished him well as he goes off on this new venture in the medical field. He said that he has a friend at Northwestern and that they will be doing research together. He is moving closer to family when he goes to the Chicago area.

No comments:

Post a Comment