Saturday, April 9, 2016

Chilly April Saturday

We continue to have a dip in the temperatures...the norm for our area at this time of the year...one day temperatures are quite warm and then down they go again. It has been breezy today and that makes it feel even chillier. Woody and I both went to the library this morning...his outing exercise for the day. When we got home I started making preparations for tonight's supper. It was a new recipe. I received a vegetable spiralizer for Christmas and today I was going to use it with carrots for the new recipe: Spicy Seafood and Chorizo Paella. This wasn't a traditional paella...with rice...instead the carrots were to be the rice. After spiralizing the carrots, I put them in the food processor and chopped until the carrots were the size of rice pieces. I wasn't sure how this would turn out...it had both shrimp and cod in it. It actually was quite delicious...thus the recipe will be a "keeper" = one that I will make again. I forgot to mention yesterday that Woody got a call from Vanderbilt yesterday changing his next appointment with Dr. Sosman. This change means that he will go to Vanderbilt a week from this coming Tuesday for a PET scan (it has been 12 weeks) and the following Tuesday will have lab work and see Dr. Sosman. That will be Dr. Sosman's last week to see patients at Vanderbilt. When I heard that they were changing his appointment I wondered if it would mean that he wouldn't be seeing Dr. Sosman again before he leaves for Chicago. Sounds like Dr. Sosman is squeezing lots of patients into that day as Woody has an appointment for labs a little after 7am and then sees Dr. Sosman an hour later...at least with an early appointment Dr. Sosman "shouldn't be" too far behind in the day's schedule! Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment